The foundation of Tauheed Islamic Centre (TIC) was laid down on Friday 28th of Ramadhan 1415 H, i.e. 11th March 1994, in Oslo. TIC is registered in Oslo, Norway as a religious organization. TIC is a multicultural organization, that’s why its member belongs to different countries like Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Norway, etc. Though Tauheed centre arranges programmes in different languages, with different schedule, daily prayers and other common traditions are performed collectively. Along with propagation of its beliefs and ideology, it is also working hard for the unity among different Muslim organizations of Norway. TIC also provides an opportunity to non-Muslims to learn about the universal teachings of Islam.
Some of the main goals for the establishment of TIC are:
- Propagation of the teachings of Quran, Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) & Ahlulbayt (as) as much as possible
- To solve religious problems (Masa'il-e-Shariya) of Shia Muslims of Norway
- To fulfill all religious needs (Hajat-e-Shariya) of Shia Muslims of Norway.
- To provide an Islamic atmosphere where the children of our Momneen brothers & sisters can be brought up.
- To struggle against the false and baseless propaganda about Islam by showing the true picture of Islam so that people of different faiths could come close to each other.
Tauheed Islamic Centre built a mosque in 2013 that can be used as a mosque, Husainiya and school. We started the construction work i May 2011. The work finished in 2014. Still it is some work left outside the mosque building. The mosque has three big halls, one library, one activity room, and one room to wash of mayyit. The mosque is given name Tauheed Mosque.